Once a year, we all look forward to newsletters and cards from friends and family all around the country. This tradition allows us to feel connected to those we love, no matter how near or far they may be from us.
Let your friends and family experience your warm HOLIDAY wishes with an aromatic touch by adding Essential Oils to your CHRISTMAS GREETING CARDS.
Just add 1–3 drops of an Essential Oil to a cotton ball. Place the cotton ball in a sealed plastic bag and store it overnight with your CHRISTMAS CARDS (you can also do this with wrapping paper). Be sure to not let the cotton ball touch the materials or you may end up with an oil stain or discoloration.
Two favorite oils to add to your CHRISTMAS GREETINGS are DOUGLAS FIR and WHITE FIR.
(TIP: You will also enjoy diffusing DOUGLAS FIR and WHITE FIR when an artificial Christmas tree is the only option. We’ll provide a couple of suggested recipes for doing this shortly.)
DOUGLAS FIR is a conifer that grows natively throughout North America. This tall, evergreen fir tree is frequently used in the Christmas tree industry and has a lemon scented note that’s sweet and refreshing.
Blending DOUGLAS FIR with citrus oils (like Wild Orange or Lemon) will create an uplifting environment while freshening the air.
• Promotes feelings of clear airways and easy breathing.
• Cleansing and purifying to the skin.
• Promotes a positive mood and sense of focus.
• Combine Douglas Fir with Wild Orange, Lemon, or Bergamot in a diffuser to freshen the air, uplift mood, and promote a sense of focus.
• Add one drop to facial cleanser, bar soap, or body wash for added cleansing benefits and an invigorating aroma.
• Diffuse two to three drops Douglas Fir with two to three drops Eucalyptus, or rub into hands and inhale deeply to promote feelings of clear airways and easy breathing.
• Combine with one to three drops of Wintergreen for a relaxing massage experience.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
DIFFUSION: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
TOPICAL USE: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
CHRISTMAS TREE DIFFUSER BLEND
• 2 drops Douglas Fir
• 1 drop Cedarwood
• 1 drop Juniper Berry
CHRISTMAS TREE ROOM SPRAY
• 8 drops White Fir
• 4 drops Douglas Fir
• 2 drops Juniper Berry
• 4 drops Cypress
• 2 drops Cedarwood (optional)
• 1/2 tsp. of sea salt
• 1 oz. vodka or witch hazel
Using a 4 oz. glass bottle, mix oils with salt and vodka or witch hazel. Top off with distilled water.
This recipe created by LUNK Leader Rachael Strickland.
QUESTION – WHICH OIL WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO ADD TO YOUR HOLIDAY GREETINGS?