Time with friends and family, making wonderful meals, giving to charities, Christmas caroling, and DECORATING your home—these are a few activities that make this time of year so special.
Enhance your HOLIDAY DECORATING by diffusing your holiday oil recipes, or adding certain oils to clay ornaments.
Enhance a HOLIDAY get-together by placing several drops of Essential Oil onto a cotton ball and wiping cooled light bulbs or lamps. The aroma of Essential Oils will fill the air as the bulbs begin to warm up.
A favorite HOLIDAY DECORATION is also adding CASSIA or CINNAMON Essential Oil to a basket of pine cones. For just a few pennies, you can transform the aroma in your home.
CINNAMON and CASSIA oils have a very similar taste and aroma, but are quite different in their strength. When you purchase ground CINNAMON in the spice aisle of your local grocery store, you are actually purchasing ground CASSIA.
When substituting in cooking, use only one drop CINNAMON BARK oil to 1–2 tbsp. ground cinnamon. CASSIA is much milder, so you can use one drop per one tsp. ground cinnamon.
• Dilute 1–2 drops CINNAMON BARK in a veggie capsule to support a healthy immune system and healthy sugar levels.
• Diffuse CASSIA with clove and ginger during fall and winter months to promote feelings of courage and self-assurance.
• Take one to two drops CASSIA internally in a veggie capsule to promote healthy cardiovascular system function.
DIRECTIONS FOR EVERYDAY USES
DIFFUSION: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
INTERNAL USE: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
TOPICAL USE: Dilute one to two drops with Fractionated Coconut Oil, then apply to desired area.
• Add 1 drop CASSIA to your favorite spiced cider recipe in place of cinnamon sticks.
• Add 1 toothpick CINNAMON BARK and 1 toothpick clove to 1 pint of homemade apple butter.
• Add 1 drop each of CINNAMON, Clove, Wild Orange, and Cardamom to 2 tbsp. organic cane sugar for a yummy sweetener for coffee or tea.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
SALT DOUGH ORNAMENTS
• 1 c. all-purpose flour
• 1/2 c. salt
• 1/2 c. warm water
• Drinking straw
• Cookie cutters
• Essential Oil(s) of your choice
Preheat oven to 250°. Mix salt, flour and warm water in a large bowl. Knead until all dough is smooth. If too dry, add a dash of water until it comes together. Roll out dough on a floured surface until 1/4 inch. Cut out dough with a cookie cutter. Place on parchment paper. Using a drinking straw make a hole on the top. Bake in oven for 2 hours. Once cool, decorate. Add oil to each ornament and decorate your home. Add oils when needed.
QUESTION – WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY DECORATION?